Saturday, January 9, 2010

Don't Get Cold Feet About This Whole Hermit Thing

My hermit celebrations are on hiatus for a couple of days, due to the fact that I am in Texas once again for the weekend. And, for those of you who haven't spent time in West Texas (particularly around my family), let me tell you that it's very hard to remain in hermit-hood when you're surrounded by so many awesome people.

I'm convinced that there's something different about the air in Texas that just produces friendly people. Perhaps the government is pumping some sort of drug into the atmosphere in aerosol form? I'm not sure. I haven't been able to collect enough scientific data to test my hypothesis, but there sure is something different here. More on that later.

Anyway, I just have a few minutes to give you your tip o' the day. Here it is:

If you don't already own one or both of the following, you need to go purchase:

Fuzzy socks
Slippers


(Fuzzy slippers! You need to keep those tootsies warm. Plus, if you're wearing slippers like these, you're not going to want to go out in public. At least, you shouldn't.)

Now, a note on shopping during hermit month-- Under no circumstances should you go to Walmart. Seriously. Go somewhere like Shopko or K-Mart. (No one goes there.) Also, while you're out, pick up something delicious and extremely unhealthy. Chocolate cake? Hot fudge and peppermint ice cream? Pizza? The world is your oyster, my friend. (Please, though, don't buy oysters to eat. That's just gross.)

Happy Hermit-ing.

2 comments:

Taren said...

i <3 hermit month.

Mel said...

I've been trying to convince everyone in the fam to move BACK to Texas. I think the mission to Utah has reached its end. It's time to breath that Texas air again, people. It didn't have to be WEST Texas, either. Just Texas. You have a year to get your lives in order. Let's meet back up there in 2011. What say you?

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir