Sunday, May 16, 2010

I blame the parents.



In the past week, I have very nearly killed the following animals with my car:

  • Two suicidal cats who darted in front of my car at three in the morning.

  • One wounded quail, limping ever-so-slowly across the road.

  • A bunch of ducklings.

I felt the worst about the ducklings. What is it about ducklings? I could run over a different type of animal and not feel TOO bad, but running over a whole family of ducklings ranks right up there with punching puppies--nearly unforgivable!

I'm still haunted by the image of their little wings flapping in panic as they tried to escape my car. Luckily, they got away, but I very nearly became a murderer.

Seriously, ducklings, didn't your mother ever teach you to not play in the road?

3 comments:

Jarom said...

Oh my dear friend, how you make me laugh.

I had to write in honor of your post. Perhaps you will understand my twisted sense of humor. Or not...

Anyway,

http://everpost.blogspot.com/2010/05/drawing-in-lines.html

Jeff said...

"A DUCK!!!"

Madison said...

AHH! I feel the same way out here in New Orleans! I am anxious all the time while driving because I keep almost hitting birds and dogs and cats and I Hate it!

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir