Saturday, August 21, 2010

Public Service Announcement

Is it okay if we abolish, or at least boycott a few things? I realize there are so many things in this world that should be done away with, but world hunger is a little too hard to tackle at this exact moment. So, I'm going to start a little smaller.


For this week, I want us to make the world a better place by avoiding the usage of the following phrase:

"Git er done."

Yes, I know it's going to be difficult, but if we all make a pact to stop using the phrase in any shape or form, I know we can get one step closer to world peace. Or, at least the world will be a slightly less annoying place for me.

Thank you for your cooperation.


3 comments:

Tyler said...

I'd kind of like to hear the reasoning behind this request.

PS: I think I'm going to start including the word verification words in comments when they are neat. Today's is: fledism.

Angie said...

This is my favorite post of yours to date. I feel the same way about SO MANY horrid phrases. Maybe you should make this a monthly post...

Jeff said...

I'm always on board for a diction-related boycott. Especially this one. I will echo Angie's sentiments that this become a monthly event. Echo: Maybe you should make this a monthly post... (End of echo.)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir