Saturday, February 9, 2008

MIKA!!


So, way back in December, we bought tickets to the Mika concert for Beka's Christmas present. We decided to turn it into a Bachelorette party as well. (Nick got to come along, too. We told him he could be the stripper. JUST KIDDING, MOM! Ha ha ha...ha...ha.... Ahem.) We got all dressed up in some bright clothes and headed off. The evening started with some yummy food at The Cheesecake Factory...



And then we decided to show up a little late so we wouldn't have to wait in the cold so long. The doors were supposed to open at 6:00, and the concert was suppose to start at 7:00. Well, we showed up at 6:30, only to find a line that stretched out for a few blocks. What the...? Turns out, the whole Mika crew ran into some troubles in the canyon. Their equipment got stuck, and they were about an hour late showing up. To top it off, because of the equipment issue, the show was changed to acoustic only. :-( So, that meant we had been waiting two and a half hours in the literally freezing cold (without coats, mind you) for only half a show, basically. I was not happy. (I dare any of you to try and stand outside in those conditions for that amount of time. Not fun.)


We wanted to leave then, because we didn't think the show would be good at all. But, we stayed so we could get a ten dollar refund.

I'm so glad we did!! IT WAS AMAZING!! My love for Mika has increased ten-fold. I took some videos that aren't very good, but oh well. If you want to watch them go to my facebook profile.

If they were amazing just winging an acoustic show, I want to see how good their real shows are....

2 comments:

Mel said...

I almost thought I'd gone to the wrong blog! I'm so used to seeing your picture at the top, but I like the new look. Sorry you had to stand in the cold for so long for only half a concert. Crazy Utah weather!

Monica said...

Hey Julianna! I saw your site on Facebook and thought I'd check it out. This is Monica (Lamb) Rock by the way. I'm going to add your link to my blog...hope you don't mind! I love the way you guys decked out for Mika :)

 

Blog Template by YummyLolly.com - RSS icons by ComingUpForAir